Our retail market research and consumer information provide trend detail, sales data, and analysis designed exclusively for investment professionals. Timely and reliable market information helps anticipate company and industry performance prior to earnings announcements. The NPD Group's sales tracking information is an essential input for analysts whose decisions cover a wide range of sectors.
Investors use accurate, timely and objective sales data to:
- Track shifts in a company's market share
- Identify pitfalls and opportunities in advance of the market
- Assess a company's health when taking a new position
- Study market trends and incorporate them into a bottom-up analysis
- Corroborate information received from other sources
NPD provides a comprehensive view of company performance across consumer discretionary categories. NPD’s primary data sources, point-of-sale (POS) and consumer survey data, help assess the contribution and health of a company’s revenue sources and in tracking sales performance of specific products over time. NPD data is delivered monthly and weekly. Our flexible client engagement model delivers just the data you need, when you need it.